The Crisp Air Outside Means it is Time for Fall Cleaning!
Autumn is here and that means crisp apples, glowing pumpkins, cool mornings and beautiful foliage across the Hudson Valley. It also means that it is time to being the fall cleaning process to get ready for the upcoming winter.
We have prepared a fall cleaning checklist to help you pack away your summer fun and prepare you and your home for winter.
- Clean and store patio furniture
- Clean and store any pool furniture/equipment
- Clean and store barbecue grill
- Drain any garden hoses and store
- Clean out any debris from gutters and downspouts
- Wash exterior windows
- Inspect window and door seals, repair or replace if necessary
- Have chimneys cleaned and/or furnace inspected
- Rake leaves and remove fallen tree branches or limbs.
- Clean windowsills and wells, vacuum baseboards, wash or vacuum drapes, curtains, or blinds.
- Shampoo carpets and upholstered furniture
- Dust and polish wood surfaces and floors
- Clean and sanitize kitchen and bathroom sinks, tubs and toilets
- Wash all bedding including mattress pads, pillows, duvets, blankets, comforters and sheets.
- Inspect washer hoses for bulges or splits and replace if necessary
- Clean and inspect dryer vent, remove any debris or birds’ nests. If there is any evidence of animals, check exterior vent door to ensure it closes properly.
- Clean out closets and donate any unwanted clothing, coats or shoes to a local shelter or organization. Animal shelters also accept unwanted blankets and comforters; our furry friends need to stay warm this winter, too!
- Clean light fixtures
- Replace all air filters
Once your house is all clean and ready for winter, sit back, relax and enjoy a nice warm cup of hot apple cider or pumpkin spice coffee!