September’s Employee Spotlight is on Poughkeepsie Property Manager and Guardian newcomer, Lyvia! Well-liked by our Poughkeepsie location storage customers and office space tenants, Lyvia has quickly become part of the Guardian family! Read Lyvia’s interview to get to know our newest member.
1. How long have you been with Guardian Self Storage?
A little over 5 months.
2. What Guardian Property/Properties do you work at?
3 Neptune Rd. Poughkeepsie
3. What is your favorite part about working at Guardian Self Storage?
The people; staff and customers have been very welcoming.
4. In your opinion, what sets Guardian apart from all of the other Self-Storage companies out there?
Great customer service! Management & staff are very supportive and understanding to their customers
5. At the location(s) you work at, what are the types of units that people rent the most?
At the Poughkeepsie location we are temperature control, most common size is a 12×8 for a 1 bedroom apartment worth of items. We also have office space for rent as well and the most common space is 144 sq. ft.
6. Tell us more about you; what are some of your favorite things to do outside of work?
Spending time with family and friends, I also enjoy designing flowers for all special occasions.
7. What type of advice would you give someone who has never stored anything before and is trying to decide what type of unit to use and how to pack their unit?
At the Poughkeepsie location it’s like storing as if it’s a room in your own home. Start with packing heavy on bottom and stack what can be stacked on top. It’s like a game of tetris. Don’t forget if you need the microwave put that in last!
8. Do you have a favorite customer?
They all have been good to me.
9. What has been your most heartfelt experience at Guardian Self Storage?
Seeing the support of donations & fundraiser that Guardian gets involved with to help our communities. As we are getting ready for the winter months we are doing our annual coat drive. Coats can be dropped off at any of our 13 locations