January’s employee spotlight is on Warwick and Chester Property Manager Chris Brown! Chris has been with Guardian Self Storage for almost 5 years now and has definitely proven himself to be a huge part of our team. Last year he went from managing one property, Warwick, to managing both Warwick and Chester! We are so glad to have him as part of our team. Read his interview to learn more!
1. How long have you been with Guardian Self Storage?
4 going on 5 years
2. What Guardian Property/Properties do you work at?
Warwick and Chester
3. What is your favorite part about working at Guardian Self Storage?
Working with the customer to help fulfill their needs.
4. In your opinion, what sets Guardian Self Storage apart from all the other self-storage companies out there?
We care. Not only do we provide excellent customer service, we contribute to the community, too.
5. What are some of the most interesting things you’ve seen stored?
2 small airplanes and a horse carriage from the 1800’s!
6. At the location(s) you work at, what are the types of units people rent the most?
10×15’s and 10×20’s
7. Tell us more about you; what are some of your favorite things to do outside of work?
Spending time with my family, going to concerts, Yankee games and camping.
8. What type of advice would you give someone who has never stored anything before and is trying to decide what type of unit to use and how to pack their unit?
If they take a large unit, make a center aisle so it is easier to store and remove items from the back of the unit.
9. Do you have a favorite customer?
The Avon Lady is great! She always gives me samples for my wife!
10. What is the longest you have ever worked with a customer before getting them into a storage unit?
Over a year. Now they come back every winter for car storage!
11. What has been your most heartfelt experience at Guardian Self Storage?
For me, its that the company takes the time to know its employees personally. I was only with the company a few months when my wife and I were expecting our first child and they threw a baby shower for me. I was very impressed and thankful!